In order to promote excellence in science education for high schools, CIRE2N sponsored a summer research program from June, 18 to July, 13 2018; created specifically for teachers and high school students.
This program allowed 10 student-teacher couples to be trained to do research in Environmental Nanotechnology in one of the laboratories of the University of Puerto Rico Río Piedras for four weeks during the summer.
Participants elaborated a research proposal to continue their research during the semester and a proposal of an educational activity about Nanotechnology to be made in their school.
- Apply in student-teacher pairs.
- Be a high school student or teacher.
- Be available to attend the summer camp from June, 18 to July, 13 2018.
- Complete 85 hours in lab research.
- Student: submit an essay that expresses your interest in researching Environmental Nanotechnology.
- Teacher: submit an essay on how this summer camp can contribute to your professional development.
- To continue the research project during the semester and to implement an educational activity in your school.
- Fill the application form.